Metal Gear Solid


Meryl     : Oh no... nothing. So tell me, Snake. What's your 
            name? Your real name?

Snake     : Name means nothing on the battlefield.

Meryl     : How old are you?

Snake     : Old enough to know what death looks like.

Meryl     : Any family?

Snake     : No, but I was raised by many people.

Meryl     : Is there anyone you like?

Snake     : I've never been interested in anyone else's life...

Meryl     : So you are all alone. Just like Mantis said.

Snake     : Other people just complicate my life. I don't like
            to get involved.

Meryl     : You're a sad, lonely man.

Snake     : C'mon... let's go.


-

Mantis    : And each mind that I peered into was stuffed with the 
            same single object of obsession. That selfish and 
            atavistic desire to pass on one's seed... it was 
            enough to make me sick. Every living thing on this 
            planet exists to mindlessly pass on their DNA.
            We're designed that way. And that's why there is war. 
            But you... you are different... You're the same as 
            us. We have no past, no future. We live in the
            moment. That's our only purpose. Humans weren't 
            designed to bring each other happiness. From the
            moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to
            bring each other nothing but pain and misery. The
            first person whose mind I dove into was my father's.
            I saw nothing but disgust and hatred for me in his
            heart. My mother died in childbirth... and he
            despised me for it... I thought my father was going
            to kill me.


-

Mantis    : We are truly the same, you and I... The world is a
            more interesting place with people like you in it...
            I never agreed with the Boss's revolution. His dreams 
            of world conquest do not interest me. I just wanted
            an excuse to kill as many people as I could.


-

Naomi     : Genes exist to pass down our hopes and dreams for the
            future through our children. Living is a link to the 

            future. That's how all life works. Loving each other, 
            teaching each other... that's how we can change the 
            world. I finally realized it. The true meaning of 
            life... Thank you, Snake.